Sunday, January 8, 2012

Snowballs and Overcoats

I was thinking about my favorite memories with Mom the other day. These memories that I hold dear are not of any great consequence compared to the world's standards, but that's no surprise. I remember having a snowball fight with Mom--just Mom.

It was great! It didn't last very long, but I'll never forget it! I felt so special! We were living on King's Hill Dr, so I'm guessing I was about five Years old. I remember feeling so elated and so loved to be blessed to spend such time with my Mother. I think of that experience often as I raise my own children. The memories that last and will be most cherished for them are not the fancy "horse and pony shows" that sometimes we feel we need to do to show love, but it is just TIME and love itself that mean the most.

The other memory I love is just as simple. It was a cold evening and Mom and I found ourselves walking from "Top of the World" chapel home to Kings Hill Drive. Mom had a large overcoat on and she quickly decided we could share the coat, making a game of the situation. Her arm was in one side of the coat, mine in the other, and we walked home together--matching steps and laughing the whole way. I never felt warmer on a cold evening than I did that night. Thank you for your love, Mom!

Julia Ann Bailey

3 comments:

  1. Juli:
    This is so special to see memories I had long forgotten still in the minds of those I love. Thank you for taking the time to reflect and share.

    I just loved each one of you and were so grateful to have you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! I remember both of those!!!
    I totally agree with all you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this! Thank you, Juli for sharing!

    ReplyDelete